How do you make dairy free Sweet Potato and Tahini Mash?
4 medium-large sweet potatoes
4 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons tahini
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup of Semi Skimmed Mylk
2 tbsp coconut oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: date syrup.
- Preheat the oven to around 200 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse sweet potatoes and poke small holes into its skin with a fork.
- Place these on a baking sheet in the over for around 50 mins, until they’ve softened.
- Around 15 mins before the sweet potatoes are done, rub peeled garlic and coconut oil onto the potato skin, and then let them finish baking.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, allow to cool and remove the skin.
- Place peeled sweet potatoes and roasted garlic in a bowl, add tahini, Mylk, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Whip with a hand or stand mixer until well combined which should take around 2-3 minutes. Try not to over mix.
- Top with more cinnamon, tahini, date syrup for a sweet Rebel twist.