How do you make dairy free Creamy Potato and Beetroot Soup?
We collaborated with @thelittleplantation for this Rebel recipe.
2 – 2 ½ cup potatoes(rough parts removed and diced)
Drizzle of olive oil
2 large white onions, finely chopped
3 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup Whole Mylk
3-4 tbsp white wine
1 ½ tbsp almond butter
3 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 small beetroot, peeled and diced
Black sesame seeds, ground black pepper, olive oil, beetroot leaves
- In a large pan, boil the potatoes in water, with a pinch of salt until soft. Then drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan over a medium flame, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until soft and translucent, for around 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked potatoes, pan fried onions and all the other ingredients in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place everything in a (high speed) blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, sesame seeds, coarsely ground black pepper and fresh beetroot leaves.
Keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about 48 hours.