How do you make dairy free Sweet Potato and Lentil Dal?
We’ve teamed up with @lucy_and_lentils for this #justaddmylk guest special.
1 tbsp turmeric
tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 red chilli
3 cloves garlic
1 cup lentils
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup Mylk (Lucy used Whole for its thick creaminess)
1 tbsp peanut butter
- Add all spices (apart from the garam masala) to a warm pan and heat for around 1 minute, then add a tbsp coconut oil and the chopped onion and chilli.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into 3cm cubes then add to the pan for around 5 minutes.
- Add the minced cloves of garlic and cook for around a minute (careful not to burn).
- Add the lentils to the pan and cover in the 2l of stock then add the garam masala, peanut butter and leave to simmer for around 20 minutes
- Once the lentils are cooked, give a taste test and season with salt and pepper.
- Add Rebel Kitchen Dairy Free Organic Mylk (Lucy chose Whole for its thick, creaminess) and swirl around.
- Serve up and top with another splash of Mylk, along with freshly chopped chilli and coriander.