How do you make a dairy free Chickpea Curry?
1 large onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 courgettes cut in cubes
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can drained chickpeas
1 cup Whole Mylk
1 inch fresh ginger
1 tbsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
Handful fresh spinach
Squeeze fresh lime
- Heat a deep saucepan with oil and fry onions and garlic until caramelised.
- Season and add turmeric, coriander, cumin and red chilli powder, mix for 1 minute and then stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Add 1 cup Mylk and continue to cook the sauce which should start to thicken.
- Add chickpeas and courgette cubes and stir thoroughly before adding the lid and simmering for around 10-15 minutes.
- Add ginger, garam masala and handful of fresh spinach, and cook for a final 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lime and serve with naan and rice.