Global coffee guru and the co-creator of Rebel Kitchen Barista Mylk created the thing that no one asked for… a coffee that tastes like a doughnut. It's mind-blowingly good and you can find the recipe here!
Remember to start this the day before you want to serve your Rebel Doughnut Coffee
- Start with 1 vegan donut per 100ml of Rebel Kitchen Barista Mylk
- Chop each donut up and flatten slightly
- Put the pieces into a saucepan and add your Mylk
- Cook on low heat until it reaches between 104 and 122°F (40 and 50°C)
- Turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 20-30 minutes
- Strain through a sieve, pressing out any liquid from the wet dough
- Put in the refrigerator overnight
- The next day take it out and strain again to remove any solidified oils
- Strain again if desired through muslin, a dish towel or a fine mesh sieve
- Weigh the yield and add up to 5g of sugar per litre. James recommends you start at 3g, then taste and adjust
- Steam the Rebel Kitchen Barista Mylk (as you would with cow’s milk)
- Add to espresso in a 1:1 to 1:2 ratio.
You can watch James Hoffmann make this recipe on Youtube