We’re hiring: Logistics Rebel
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Compensation: Competitive and dependent on experience
Mandatory: Must hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits for work in the UK.
English as native/bilingual/full professional proficiency
We’re looking for a motivated problem solver with a passion for logistics and a cool head. Full of ambition and high energy to match, you’ll join our growing tight knit team as Logistics Rebel to help us to achieve our vision and help us spread our products to the masses.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will lead all import and export activity so we need you to be a master jigsaw player and the pro on all things shipping. It’s possible you are already an all-time top scorer on Tetris or a master juggler.
With ambitious growth plans, this isn’t for the faint hearted. The growth in the number of full containers that we will be import and export over the coming years will be vast so we need someone who can hit the ground running or rapidly learn how to manage these closely with our freight forwarder to ensure smooth clearance through customs. This role will also initially include management of one of our warehouses in the UK from which we store materials and fulfil a small proportion of orders.
Over time there is opportunity for your role to develop into full supply chain management, expanding from a logistics role to end to end ownership of one of our product lines.
The scope of responsibility and growth potential from this role is enormous and yours for the taking.
- Responsible for ensuring all our imports are carefully tracked and clear customs smoothly, working closely with our Freight Forwarding partner
- Careful stock tracking of goods in transit to help overall stock management
- Responsible for liaising with our warehouse and preparing all international orders for collection
Full ownership of all operations related to our secondary UK warehouse
- Processing the small proportion of customer orders fulfilled by our secondary warehouse
- Processing material orders to be sent to our factories
- Maintaining strong relationships with our warehouse partners
Management of our samples warehouse
- Managing stock levels and troubleshooting any issues for the team
- Arranging orders of stock into the office and managing these levels
- Closely managing logistics costs, ensuring we always get value for money and identifying savings opportunities
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team to develop understanding and knowledge of our products and processes so you can take on more and more responsibility over time
- Over time will work towards ownership of a larger section of the supply chain
1-2 years’ experience in FMCG supply chain
- Experience of full container imports and exports is a bonus
- Experience at an SME is a bonus
- Experience of building strong, influential relationships with external supply chain partners, e.g. 3PL
- Degree educated
- Must be very detail focused to manage shipping paperwork
- Able to juggle tasks and keep a cool head under pressure
- Knowledge of stock management systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication – will need to be able to communicate clearly to internal stakeholders and external global partners
- French speaker a bonus
Generally, you will need to be:
- Ready for a fast paced and high energy start up environment
- Open to a small company mind-set – hands-on and flexible to adapt to requirements outside of the defined role and comfort zone
- Ready and able to tackle problems head on and find solutions with a smile
- Self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative in a flexible environment
- Ready to live our company values and be a part of our work family
- Committed to personal development – will push yourself to learn and grow
- Confident, tactful and have a positive manner
- Excellent organisationally with good time management skills
- Willing to go above and beyond
Interested and think you fit the bill? Drop us an email with your CV and why you’d be the ideal Rebel for the role. Please send to Stef@rebel-kitchen.com with the subject: Logistics Rebel Application