Give this winter-warming classic some kick with a dash of peppermint. Top with Rebel’s favourite dairy-free alternative to cream; whipped coconut (of course).
ingredients: (serves 1)
1 330ml Rebel Kitchen Organic Chocolate Mylk
A few drops of peppermint extract
1 can of organic coconut milk
Cacao nibs and fresh mint for decoration
Whipped Coconut Cream:
The key to a successful whipped cream is keeping all your ingredients and cooking utensils uber-chilled.
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk for 8 hours or overnight. Also place metal mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator or freezer 1 hour before making the whipped cream.
- Open can of coconut milk. Take care not to shake it. Scoop coconut cream solids into cold mixing bowl. Reserve remaining liquid for another use.
- Whisk coconut cream using electric mixer (with chilled beaters) on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat for approx. 7-8 mins or until stiff peaks form.
- Heat mylk slowly in a saucepan for 4 minutes, or until desired heat. Then add the peppermint extract to taste.
- Pour mylk into a big mug, scoop the coconut cream on top, then garnish with fresh mint leaves and cacao nibs. Serve immediately and enjoy! (preferably with sleigh bells ringing in the background)
Tip: Dust a light sprinkling of cinnamon or cardamom powder over the top for added Christmassy fragrance.