2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Shallot Onions, finely chopped
2 Cups Cauliflower Florets
5 Baby Aubergines
1 Can Organic Chickpeas
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 ‘Star’ of Star Anise
1 Tsp Cider or White Wine Vinegar
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
2 Tbsp Rebel Kitchen Original Coconut Yogurt
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Coriander Leaves
1. In a large dry pot or pan, toast the fennel seeds and spices for a 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and crush the seeds lightly with a knife. In the same pan, sauté the garlic and shallots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a medium heat. Add the spices and seeds back to the pan and mix until fragrant. Add the chickpeas, Chai Mylk and a pinch of salt, pepper and the vinegar. Leave it to simmer and reduce for 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the veggies. Boil the cauliflower florets for 3 minutes and drain.
3. In a second frying pan, another tablespoon of olive oil. Cut the aubergines in halves and brown them for 5 minutes on each side until golden and softened in the middle. Brown the cauliflower florets in the same pan until golden, turning them every minute or so.
4. Add the aubergine and cauliflower to the sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes. Combine the coconut yogurt with another 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
5. To serve, sprinkle the stew some fresh coriander leaves and eat with the coconut yogurt along with some brown rice or whole wheat flat bread.